Monday, March 18, 2013

Hear & There: Morocco


I am introducing a new music section to this blog today- Hear & There.

Yeah, I know, it's kind of cutesy, but just go with it.

Whenever I go to a new city, I almost always make a playlist to go with the atmosphere. The feeling I get when I sit and people watch in the early mornings, walk around in the afternoons, and go out with friends at night. It always varies completely from city to city and what I love is that I can then listen to each playlist I made and it transports me back to the different places that I have been.

I left Morocco last Friday and I already miss it more than anywhere else. I met some of the most beautiful people I've ever met in my life there. Artists, musicians, dancers, fruit vendors and chefs. I wish I could sing the praises of every single person who impacted me, but that would probably be equivalent to a full-length novel so let me just assure you, I have been truly touched by the spirits and inspiration of so many people in Tangier. Now all I am left with are memories, photos, this music, and the promise that one day I will return.












4 comments:

  1. i love the kitty! i have always wanted to go to Morocco!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a wonderful place! I hope you have the chance to go at some point :)

      Delete
  2. Fantastic photos-- it makes me miss Morocco and I have never even been there! Listening to the music now. I hope you find a way to return.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that song--and amazing photos as always. You really captured the atmosphere with both!

    ReplyDelete